If you’ve typed “catholic church near me” but you’re having a hard time finding one that has an English mass, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog, we’ve gathered many catholic churches in Japan that host English masses. More specifically, we focused on catholic churches in Tokyo. The list we provide is from our personal experiences as well as websites such as one provided by the Archdiocese of Tokyo.
Please note: During the pandemic, we advise you to either check the church’s website or call the catholic church to see if masses are canceled or altered. Reservations may need to be made ahead of time online.
Catholic Churches in Tokyo with English masses
Table of Contents
1. St. Paul Catholic Church (Asakusa)
2. St. Augustine Catholic Church (Kasai)
3. St. Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Church (Kojimachi)
4. St. Anselm Catholic Church (Meguro)
5. Franciscan Chapel Center (Roppongi)
- English Mass Times:
- Sundays at 8:00 am, 10:15 am, 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm
- Saturdays at 8:00 am (weekday mass) and 6:00 pm
- Wednesdays: 6:30 pm (weekday mass)
- First Fridays: 6:30 pm (weekday mass)
- Location: 4-2-37 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032 (Roppongi Station – 6 min. walk)
- Phone number: 03-3401-214
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. St. Patrick Catholic Church (Toshima)
7. Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Catholic Church (Takanawa)
8. St. Boniface Catholic Church (Koiwa)
Smiles blesses each and every one of you. We hope you can find the right catholic church near you and your parish family. If you know of other catholic churches, please let us know.