1. In accordance with the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds and other laws and regulations applicable to the Services, DigitalWallet has been barred from conducting transactions with specific countries, group(s) and/or person(s). Further, DigitalWallet shall not have any business transactions with anti-social person(s) or group(s) and shall never accept any undue, unjustified or illegal claims or demands made by anti-social person(s) or group(s).
2. DigitalWallet shall screen all transactions against lists of names provided by the governments of the countries in which it conducts business activities or any other lists of anti-social person(s) or group(s). If the transaction seems to include any association with the above lists, DigitalWallet may request the sender to provide additional identification documents, other information or documents that it deems necessary and the transactions may be declined or delayed accordingly. Even in the event of any such delay or denial of providing Services, customers shall not be entitled to raise any objection and shall not have the right to any claim of reparations and other similar demands.
3. Customers shall represent and warrant that they are not currently:
(1) members of organized crime group, etc. (“Boryokudan-in etc.”)
a) an organized crime group (“Boryokudan”),
b) a member of Boryokudan,
c) a person who has been a member of a Boryokudan in the past five years,
d) a quasi-member of a Boryokudan,
e) an enterprise affiliated with a Boryokudan,
f) a corporate racketeer, etc.,
g) a party acting under the auspices of social activism and the like,
h) a violent organization employing specialized knowledge, or other similar party (hereinafter collectively referred to as “organized crime group members, etc.”), that none of the following items apply and promise that they will not become organized crime groups, etc. and that the following items will not apply in the future.
(2) Other related parties which;
a) Boryokudan-in etc. holds control over the management;
b) Boryokudan-in etc. is effectively involved in the management;
c) uses Boryokudan-in etc. unjustifiably, such as for the purpose of ensuring unjustified benefits to himself/herself, his/her company or a thirdparty, or for the purpose of inflicting harm to a third-party;
d) having a relationship in which it is deemed that it is engaged in providing funds etc. or benefits to Boryokudan-in etc.;
e) a person effectively participating in the management is connected with Boryokudan-in etc. in a socially reprehensible way.
DigitalWallet shall not be responsible for any losses or damages arising out of any of the following:
1. An unavoidable event such as calamities, incidents, wars, accidents during transit, restrictions by laws and regulations, and certain actions taken by the governments, courts or other public authorities:
2. Any failure or malfunctions of terminals, communication lines or computers etc. or, character distortions, errors or omissions in the texts, which occurred despite of reasonable security measures taken by DigitalWallet:
3. The handling by the partner financial institutions of the remittance in accordance with the customs and practices of the country in which the partner financial institutions are located or with certain procedures prescribed by the partner financial institutions: or any reason attributable to the partner financial institutions other than DigitalWallet:
4. Any reason attributable to the applicant such as the incorrect description of the name of the beneficiary:
5. Messages from the applicant to the recipient:
6. The relationship between the applicant and the recipient or a third party, on which the remittance is based:
7. The event before the receipt of the notification based on the regulations on guardianship of adults: and
8. Any reason other than those attributable to DigitalWallet.
Except in cases otherwise stipulated by Japanese law, neither DigitalWallet nor its alliance partner shall be in any way liable for damages exceeding the total of the amount for transfer and service fees paid by the customer in cases of delay of Services, erroneous payment, non-payment, or excess or insufficient payment is made. Furthermore, neither DigitalWallet nor its alliance partner shall be in any way liable for damages in cases where delay of Services, erroneous payment, non-payment, or excess or insufficient payment has been made due to reasons not manageable by DigitalWallet (e.g. compliance with the local rules, etc.). Neither DigitalWallet nor its alliance partner shall be in any way liable for any incidental, indirect or derivative damages.
3. If any of the following items apply, the DigitalWallet may immediately stop the Services in whole or in part, or cancel membership without providing prior notice to the member. DigitalWallet shall in no way be liable for any resulting damages occurring to the customer as a result of the stop of the Services, or the cancellation of membership.
1. Customer will receive reward points (“Points”) through the use of Services or through certain activities that DigitalWallet announces from time to time (“Reward Points Program”). The details of the Reward Points Program including the amount of Points customer can earn will be determined by DigitalWallet and put on its web site at [www.smileswallet.com].
2. Points may be redeemed 1) on future use of Services in the form of a discount; or 2) may be used to purchase certain products designated by DigitalWallet from time to time.
3. DigitalWallet will post earned Points to customer’s account upon customer’s use of Services or customer’s rewarded activity. Points may only be redeemed after such Points are posted to customer’s account. Customer can view his/her accumulated amount of Points through the procedure designated by DigitalWallet.
4. Points will be effective for three (3) months from date of receipt. Points not used before the expiration date shall expire immediately.
5. Points have no cash value and cannot be converted to or redeemed for cash, either directly or indirectly.
6. DigitalWallet may terminate the Reward Points Program at any time at its discretion due to natural disasters, change in social conditions, laws or based on other technical or business reasons. DigitalWallet will notify customers of any such termination through its web site, etc.
7. Taxes may apply where required by law. Customer shall be responsible for any taxes that he/she may incur for receiving and/or redeeming Points.
The applicant shall not be allowed to transfer, lend or pledge, or otherwise grant rights to a third party concerning customer’s rights related to transactions with DigitalWallet or enable a third party to use said rights.
[ International Transfer ]
Transferring funds (in Japanese yen) to recipients residing outside Japan (who satisfy the Digital Wallet`s examination criteria) in currencies as designated by customer.
Money transfers shall be accepted and processed within the scope subject to:
[ International Receipt ]
[ Domestic Transfer ]