Shinkansen Discount? Don't Miss Out
Hi Smiles friends! Welcome back to our Lifestyle series. Today we are going to share about bullet train (Shinkansen) news to update you.
During the pandemic, many businesses suffered losses especially the travel and transportation industry. Many companies have tried to re-open their business, and many have also tried to rebuild by offering discounts and other campaigns. For some businesses, the government also support the Go to Travel campaign aimed at domestic tourists at the end of this year.
Starting today, July 13, 2020, JR East, JR West, JR Hokkaido companies have started accepting online reservations with 50% and 30% discount campaigns on bullet train tickets (Shinkansen 新幹線) and some limited express train tickets! The service period is from 20 August 2020 to 31 March 2021 (* Hokuriku Shinkansen “Kagayaki” and “Hakutaka” are limited from 20 August to 30 September 2020). The sales period is from 10 am one month before the departure date to 1:40 am 20 days before the travel date. If you use acceptance in advance, you can register starting at 5:30 in the morning one week before the travel date.
Destination and Area
Source: Rakuten Travel
Here are the destinations that JR offers for Bullet Train Tickets:
1. Hayabusa, Hayate (Tokyo – Morioka / Shin-Aomori / Shin-Hakodate Hokuto)
2. Yamabiko (Tokyo – Koriyama / Fukushima / Sendai / Morioka)
3. Nasuno (Tokyo – Nasushiobara)
4. Tsubasa (Tokyo – Yamagata)
5. Komachi (Tokyo – Akita)
6. Toki, Tanigawa (Tokyo – Jomokogen / Niigata)
7. Kagayaki (Tokyo – Toyama/Shin-Takaoka/Kanazawa)
8. Hakutaka (Tokyo – Itoigawa/Kurobe-Unazuki Onsen/Toyama/Shin-Takaoka/Kanazawa)
9. Asama (Tokyo – Nagano)
Here are the destinations that JR offers for some Limited Express Train Tickets:
1. Hitachi (Tokyo – Haranomachi / Soma / Watari / Iwanuma / Sendai)
2. Azusa (Tokyo – Haranomachi / Chino / Kami-Suwa / Matsumoto)
3. Kaiji (Tokyo – Kofu / Ryo)
4. Wakashio, Shinjuku-Wakashio (Tokyo – Oamishirasato / Ohara / Katsuura / Awa-Kamogawa)
5. Sazanami, Shinjuku-Sazanami (Tokyo – Goi / Anegasaki / Kisarazu / Kimitsu / Tateyama)
6. Shiosai (Tokyo – Sakura / Yachimata / Naruto / Yokaichiba / Asahi / Choshi)
7. Inaho (Tokyo – Tsuruoka / Amarume / Sakata)
8. Nikko, Kinugawa, Spacia Kinugawa (Tokyo – Tobu-Nikko / Kinugawa Onsen)
As simple as ordering with your personal computer or through your mobile phone, you can order the tickets easily through the JR official page. Are you ready for a vacation or maybe visiting your friends in another city? Don’t miss out on this exciting campaign, because as we all know, Shinkansen is considered not a very affordable transportation! Hopefully this article can help a few Smiles friends. Thank you for reading!
Yahoo Japan News