[ International Transfer ]
1. Description of Service
Transferring funds (in Japanese yen) to recipients residing outside Japan (who satisfy the Digital Wallet`s examination criteria) in currencies as designated by customer.
2. Required Conditions
Customers who agree to our terms and conditions, completed our ID verification process and meet the predetermined examination criteria
3. Purposes of Money Transfer
Limited to the purposes designated by DigitalWallet.
* This service cannot be used for transactions subject to any restriction under the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act of Japan (i.e. requirements to obtain/complete permission, authorization, approval, notification or registration with the government in advance) whereby DigitalWallet is required to ensure or confirm the completion of clearance of such restrictions.
4. Maximum Amount of Remittance
(1) Registered Member Users (Smiles Premium) : ¥1,000,000 per transaction.
(2) Temporary Member Users (Smiles Classic) : ¥100,000 per transaction.
* Please be advised that, for money transfers to certain payout countries, we may impose further restrictions on frequency and/or total amount of remittances.
5. Foreign Exchange Rate
(1) The funds to be transferred under a Money Transfer Request shall be received by DigitalWallet in Japanese yen. Remittances may be paid in designated currency, converted based on exchange rate (“Telegraphic Transfer Selling Rate”) applicable on the day of the transaction and reflected in the official website of DigitalWallet.
(2) Basically, the amount to be received will be the amount calculated by converting the transferred amount (paid in Japanese yen) to the payout currency using the “Telegraphic Transfer Selling Rate” at the time of completion of the money transfer agreement.
(3) DigitalWallet may change the exchange rate once or several times during the day without prior notice. The daily Telegraphic Transfer Selling Rates of DigitalWallet is determined by adding the spread (ranging from 0% to 5% of TTM) to the TTM rates (Telegraphic Transfer Middle Rate) provided by Reuters.
6. Service Fee
* DigitalWallet may modify the amount of charges for the services as well as their calculation method from time to time. Details of such modifications, including dates of changes, will be posted on our website.
*Transaction fee applies for each transaction even when multiple requests are in process.
Money transfers shall be accepted and processed within the scope subject to:
(1) Certain restrictions set by DigitalWallet from time to time, which may pertain to the purposes, amounts, payout countries, payout currencies, maximum number of registered receivers, etc. and,
(2) restrictions in addition to (1) above, set by our alliance partners, their payment centers or the receiver`s banks.
8. Implementation of Money Transfers
(1) DigitalWallet shall complete the international money transfer within 24 hours to 72 hours from the time the Sender has successfully completed his money transfer order.
(2) For cash pick-up transactions, DigitalWallet shall notify the customer of the reference number thru the mobile APP &/or registered email. The customer shall be responsible for notifying recipient of the reference number, and DigitalWallet shall bear no obligation whatsoever concerning notification of the reference number to the recipient
9. Cancellation of Money Transfer
(1) In the event where the recipient is unable to pick-up his/her money for the predetermined term by DigitalWallet, money transfer will be cancelled without any prior notice. DigitalWallet is not liable for any losses or damages incurred by the customer as a result of the termination of the money transfer agreement.
(2) Only the net amount of the money transfer will be subject to refund. We do not refund remittance fees or any related expenses.
*Wire transfer fee accompanied by a refund should be borne by the customer.
*Refund amount will be the result of deducting all fees and expenses from the amount to be transferred.
(3) The foreign exchange rate to be applied will be the current exchange rate on the date of refund.
10. Change of Request for Money Transfer
DigitalWallet shall not accept a change of request for money transfer. If there is a mistake in a request for money transfer, please inform us the cancellation of a request within the specified period and make a new transaction request.
* For further details or information regarding the International Money Transfer Services, please refer to our website www.smileswallet.com.
* The applicant shall be responsible for strictly safeguarding his/her password and ensure that it shall not be known or revealed to any third party. Third parties, such as our alliance partners, related financial institutions or the police, will never request you to disclose your password either by phone, e-mail or any means possible. DigitalWallet shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or expense as a result of the password becoming known to a third party.