– General –
Terms and Conditions describes the conditions, rights and responsibilities that apply to customers’ participation as a user of International Money Transfer Service, International Money Transfer Receipt Service and Domestic Money Transfer Service (collectively, the “Services”).
1. “Services” shall mean the following three services and their related services to be offered by Digital Wallet Group (also referred to in this T&C as “DigitalWallet”), the content of which is described in the “Overview of Service.”
(1) International Money Transfer Service (“International Transfer”)
(2) International Money Transfer Receipt Service (“International Receipt”)
(3) Domestic Money Transfer Service (“Domestic Transfer”)
2. The Services are for users of mobile terminal devices such as smartphones and will be provided over the internet. Notifications to customers will be provided through our web site or by e-mails and reports on transaction results will also be provided on screen.
3. DigitalWallet may apply certain restrictions on the Services or revise such restrictions at any time without prior notice to the customers. The restrictions may include conditions for confirmation of customers’ identity, the payout countries, the payout currencies, and the maximum limit of amount per transfer, maximum limit on a daily, monthly, or annual basis as well as the limit for frequencies of transfers.
Amendments to Registered Information
User must advise Digital Wallet immediately of any changes in user’s profile or information such as, home address, phone number, e-mail address, place of work, and changes must be made in accordance with the procedure specified by DigitalWallet. DigitalWallet shall in no way be liable for any resulting damages occurring to the customer if said changes are not transmitted to Digital Wallet.
Remittance Cancellation Option
DigitalWallet may cancel or refuse provision any of the Services under any of the following conditions and shall not be responsible for any losses or damages caused thereby.
1. the remittance is in violation of laws and regulations governing foreign exchange (e.g., subject to an emergency suspension of transactions);
2. a war, insurrection or freezing of assets or payments of the partner financial institution occurs or may occur;
3. the remittance is or may be for a transfer of criminal proceeds.
4. failure to pay the Service fees for the transaction.
DigitalWallet shall not be responsible for any losses or damages arising out of any of the following:
1. An unavoidable event such as calamities, incidents, wars, accidents during transit, restrictions by laws and regulations, and certain actions taken by the governments, courts or other public authorities:
2. Any failure or malfunctions of terminals, communication lines or computers etc. or, character distortions, errors or omissions in the texts, which occurred despite of reasonable security measures taken by DigitalWallet:
3. The handling by the partner financial institutions of the remittance in accordance with the customs and practices of the country in which the partner financial institutions are located or with certain procedures prescribed by the partner financial institutions: or any reason attributable to the partner financial institutions other than DigitalWallet:
4. Any reason attributable to the applicant such as the incorrect description of the name of the beneficiary:
5. Messages from the applicant to the recipient:
6. The relationship between the applicant and the recipient or a third party, on which the remittance is based:
7. The event before the receipt of the notification based on the regulations on guardianship of adults: and
8. Any reason other than those attributable to DigitalWallet.
Limitation of Liability
Except in cases otherwise stipulated by local law, neither DigitalWallet nor its alliance partner shall be in any way liable for damages exceeding the total of the amount for transfer and service fees paid by the customer in cases of delay of Services, erroneous payment, non-payment, or excess or insufficient payment is made. Furthermore, neither DigitalWallet nor its alliance partner shall be in any way liable for damages in cases where delay of Services, erroneous payment, non-payment, or excess or insufficient payment has been made due to reasons not attributable to or beyond the control of DigitalWallet (e.g. compliance with the local rules, etc.). Neither DigitalWallet nor its alliance partner shall be in any way liable for any incidental, indirect, or derivative damages.
Term of Validity (Withdrawal, Account Closure)
1. Customers may cancel membership using the method prescribed by DigitalWallet. In the event no balance remains in customer’s account at the time of customer’s completion of the requested procedure, customer’s membership will be cancelled and customer’s account will be closed immediately. If there are any funds to be returned by DigitalWallet to the customer, such funds shall be transferred to the account designated by the customer after deducting the bank charges. Cancellation of the membership as well as closure of the customer’s account will be completed by such transfer (In case the remaining balance is less than the bank charges, such amount shall be deemed as waived by the customer.). DigitalWallet shall be in no way liable for any damages even if they occur as a result of being unable to make transfers into the financial institution account specified by the customer.
2. Withdrawal procedures cannot be accepted in the event there are any uncompleted orders related to the account. Should there be any pending transfers or payments, such transactions should be completed in advance.
3. If any of the following items apply, the DigitalWallet may immediately stop the Services in whole or in part, or cancel membership without providing prior notice to the member. DigitalWallet shall in no way be liable for any resulting damages occurring to the customer as a result of the cessation of the Services, or the cancellation of membership.
(a) When payment ceases or a petition for the commencement of bankruptcy procedures, civil rehabilitation procedures, corporate reorganization procedures or special liquidation procedures is filed.
(b) When an order or notice concerning provisional seizure, protective seizure or seizure has been sent.
(c) When succession has commenced.
(d) When the whereabouts of the member are unknown.
(e) When the member has not used the Services for more than two years
(f) When it has been deemed that the Services have been or may be used for acts in violation of the law or public order and morality.
(g) When it is revealed that the member does not actually exist, or when it is revealed that the member was registered without the member’s intent.
(h) When it is revealed that the information submitted by the member is false or that the documents submitted by the member are untrue.
(i) When the necessary documents are not submitted despite a request being made to submit them again for reconfirmation of the person’s identity, etc. (including cases in which DigitalWallet is not contacted before the date it specified, cases in which notice requesting the submission of documents is sent to the customer’s submitted address and is returned to DigitalWallet as undeliverable, and cases in which the person cannot be contacted using the submitted telephone number.)
(j) When the member is in violation of these Terms and Conditions or provisions on various transactions or when any other grounds for termination applies.
(k) When a request for cooperation with a hearing for monitoring of transactions, or submission of documents backing the results of the hearing is made and the response to the hearing or submission of backing documentation is refused (including cases in which DigitalWallet is not contacted before the date specified it, cases in which notice requesting the submission of documents is sent to the customer’s submitted address and is returned to DigitalWallet as undeliverable, and cases in which the person cannot be contacted using the submitted telephone number.)
(l) In accordance with the requests of law, legal process, litigation, and/or from public and governmental authorities.
(m) In addition to the items listed above, when there is reasonable grounds for DigitalWallet to stop the Services.
4. Upon cancellation of membership, customer’s registered personal information and transaction information will be deleted after meeting the prescribed retention requirement by law.
5. In the event of expiration of customer’s account due to cancellation of customer’s membership based on the reasons provided in Section 3 above, customer’s remaining value in the account will expire immediately. DigitalWallet shall have no obligation to return such value to the customer.
1. Customer will receive reward points (“Points”) through the use of Services or through certain activities that DigitalWallet announces from time to time (“Reward Points Program”). The details of the Reward Points Program including the amount of Points customer can earn will be determined by DigitalWallet and put on its web site at [www.smileswallet.com].
2. Points may be redeemed 1) on future use of Services in the form of a discount; or 2) may be used to purchase certain products designated by DigitalWallet from time to time.
3. DigitalWallet will post earned Points to customer’s account upon customer’s use of Services or customer’s rewarded activity. Points may only be redeemed after such Points are posted to customer’s account. Customer can view his/her accumulated amount of Points through the procedure designated by DigitalWallet.
4. Points will be effective for three (3) months from date of receipt. Points not used before the expiration date shall expire immediately.
5. Points have no cash value and cannot be converted to or redeemed for cash, either directly or indirectly.
6. DigitalWallet may terminate the Reward Points Program at any time at its discretion due to natural disasters, change in social conditions, laws or based on other technical or business reasons. DigitalWallet will notify customers of any such termination through its web site, etc.
7. Taxes may apply where required by law. Customer shall be responsible for any taxes that he/she may incur for receiving and/or redeeming Points.
Prohibition of Transfer or Pledge
The applicant shall not be allowed to transfer, lend or pledge, or otherwise grant rights to a third party concerning customer’s rights related to transactions with DigitalWallet or enable a third party to use said rights.
1. DigitalWallet may provide customers’ personal information, transaction information and other information provided by the customer (“Personal Information”) to its head office and branch offices, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, representatives or outsourcing companies such as the partner financial institutions, for the purpose of management and protection of Personal Information and to the extent necessary to provide the Services.
2. DigitalWallet may accept requests for disclosure of Personal Information, under law, legal process, litigation, and/or from public and governmental authorities.
The Services and customers’ relationship with DigitalWallet shall be exclusively governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, local law.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Matters not stipulated herein shall be governed by laws and regulations, customs and practices of local jurisdiction and other relevant countries and the procedures provided by the concerned financial institutions.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Terms and Conditions may be revised from time to time due to changes in financial or other situations, or based on other reasonable grounds. DigitalWallet may make such revisions effective by posting the revisions together with its effective date on its website.
Last modified: Nov, 2023
EXHIBIT [ Overview of Service ]
[ International Transfer ]
1. Description of Service
Transferring funds to recipients residing outside the sending country (who satisfy the Digital Wallet’s examination criteria) in currencies as designated by customer.
2. Required Conditions
Customers who agree to our terms and conditions, completed our ID verification process and meet the predetermined examination criteria
3. Purposes of Money Transfer
Limited to the purposes designated by DigitalWallet.
4. Foreign Exchange Rate
(a) The funds to be transferred under a Money Transfer Request shall be received by DigitalWallet in local currency. Remittances may be paid in designated currency, converted based on exchange rate (“Telegraphic Transfer Selling Rate”) applicable on the day of the transaction and reflected in the official website of DigitalWallet and the Mobile App.
(b) Basically, the amount to be received will be the amount calculated by converting the transferred amount (paid in local currency) to the payout currency using the “Telegraphic Transfer Selling Rate” at the time of completion of the money transfer agreement.
(c) DigitalWallet may change the exchange rate once or several times during the day without prior notice. The daily Telegraphic Transfer Selling Rates of DigitalWallet is determined by adding the spread (ranging from 0% to 5% of TTM) to the TTM rates (Telegraphic Transfer Middle Rate) provided by Reuters.
5. Service Fee
Please refer to the Service Fee Table on our website.
* DigitalWallet may modify the amount of charges for the services as well as their calculation method from time to time. Details of such modifications, including dates of changes, will be posted on our website.
*Transaction fee applies for each transaction even when multiple requests are in process.
Money transfers shall be accepted and processed within the scope subject to:
(a) Certain restrictions set by DigitalWallet from time to time, which may pertain to the purposes, amounts, payout countries, payout currencies, maximum number of registered receivers, etc. and,
(b) Restrictions in addition to (1) above, set by our alliance partners, their payment centers or the receiver’s banks.
7. Implementation of Money Transfers
(a) DigitalWallet shall complete the international money transfer within 24 hours to 72 hours from the time the Sender has successfully completed his money transfer order.
(b) For cash pick-up transactions, DigitalWallet shall notify the customer of the reference number through the mobile APP &/or registered email. The customer shall be responsible for notifying recipient of the reference number, and DigitalWallet shall bear no obligation whatsoever concerning notification of the reference number to the recipient
8. Cancellation of Money Transfer
(a) In the event where the recipient is unable to pick-up his/her money for the predetermined term by DigitalWallet, money transfer may be cancelled without any prior notice. DigitalWallet is not liable for any losses or damages incurred by the customer as a result of the termination of the money transfer agreement.
(b) Refund fee is 2 CAD per request.
(c) Only the net amount of the money transfer will be subject to refund. We do not refund remittance fees or any related expenses.
*Wire transfer fee accompanied by a refund should be borne by the customer.
*Refund amount will be the result of deducting all fees and expenses from the amount to be transferred.
(d) The foreign exchange rate to be applied will be the current exchange rate on the date of refund.
9. Change of Request for Money Transfer
DigitalWallet shall not accept a change of request for money transfer. If there is a mistake in a request for money transfer, please inform us the cancellation of a request within the specified period and make a new transaction request.
* For further details or information regarding the International Money Transfer Services, please refer to our website www.smileswallet.com.
* The applicant shall be responsible for strictly safeguarding his/her password and ensure that it shall not be known or revealed to any third party. Third parties, such as our alliance partners, related financial institutions or the police, will never request you to disclose your password either by phone, e-mail or any means possible. DigitalWallet shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or expense as a result of the password becoming known to a third party.
– For Canada –
1. The Services are NOT money sending transactions provided by a bank etc.
2. The Services do not involve any acceptance of deposits, savings, or installment savings etc. provided in the Bank Act.
3. The Services are not subject to nor covered by any form of insurance by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) or by any other provincial insurer of deposits.
4. Customers shall be accorded the appropriate Canadian right of refund laws and regulations.
5. The maximum amount per transfer shall be limited to C$999 for Basic and C$9,900 for Premium in accordance with the company’s policy. Should there be further restrictions imposed under the laws and regulations of the payout countries, the lower amount shall apply as the maximum limit amount.
DigitalWallet will check the applicant’s identity initially pursuant to the “Know Your Client” policy of the company and relevant laws and regulations. The remittance applicant has an obligation to present valid identification documents. DigitalWallet may request the applicant to present additional identification documents in case the provided information is insufficient to confirm identity of the remittance applicant. If the identification procedure has not been completed, DigitalWallet may not proceed with the registration and deny the request for remittance services.
User must not share password information with anyone and Digital Wallet shall assume user is the valid owner of the account if the correct password is used to log in the system. DigitalWallet shall deem transactions as valid, if the correct user ID and password are used, regardless of whether the use of the account was a result of falsification, modification, theft, or unauthorized use, and neither DigitalWallet nor its partner financial institution(s) shall be held liable for damages occurring as a result.
Anti-Money Laundering, Suspicious Transaction(s) and Sanctioned Entity(ies) and Person(s)
1. Pursuant to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and its Regulations, as well as to other laws and regulations applicable to the Services, transactions, suspicious or otherwise, with sanctioned countries, entities and persons shall be dealt with accordingly.
2. DigitalWallet shall screen all transactions against lists of names provided by the governments of the countries in which it conducts business activities or any other lists of Sanctioned entities and persons. If the transaction seems to include any association with the above lists, DigitalWallet may request the sender to provide additional identification documents, other information or documentas that it deems necessary and the transactions may be declined or delayed accordingly.
3. Customers shall represent and warrant that they are not members of organized crime or terrorist group.
Customer Service Representative
For customer service, complaints, or other inquiries including the status of the remittance, please contact our customer service representative (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). The above e-mail address shall also apply to inquiries from foreign countries, including Canada.
Required information for Registration
For Basic member:
- Country of residence
- Phone number
For Premium member:
- Date of birth
- PEP declaration
Maximum Amount of Load
For Basic member: load up to 999 CAD in 24 hours
For Premium member: no limit
Maximum Amount of Remittance
For Basic member:
– Daily limit: 999 CAD
– Weekly limit: 5,000 CAD
– Monthly limit: 9,900 CAD
– Transaction frequency: 30 transactions per month
For Premium member:
– Daily Limit: 9,900 CAD
– Weekly Limit: no limit
– Monthly Limit: no limit
– Transaction frequency: 30 transactions per month
* Please be advised that, for money transfers to certain payout countries, we may impose further restrictions on frequency and/or total amount of remittances.