How to register PayPay in Japan for ForeignersUntagged
PayPay is one of the most used payment apps in Japan. PayPay is a convenient payment option that is now widely accepted at stores in Japan, you can easily pay when shopping by simply scanning a QR code. In this article, Smiles Mobile Remittance will guide you on how to register for a PayPay account.
1. Benefits of using PayPay
PayPay is a mobile application operated by “PayPay Co., Ltd.” It was established by Yahoo! Japan and SoftBank Mobile. You can use this mobile app to pay at most stores in Japan, whether they are large or small stores.
PayPay has become one of the most used payment applications in Japan.
- Easy to use interface
- Easy and convenient payment with QR code
- Easily transfer money to others with a 0 yen transfer fee
- There is a refund policy of at least 0.5% of the total amount you paid. The program is carried out regularly, it is possible for you to get a refund from 2% to 20%.
- Easily manage personal expenses with a smart system that saves a detailed history of transactions.
2. Stores that Accept PayPay
It was launched in December 2018 and PayPay has quickly dominated the Japanese market. Currently, you can use PayPay at most stores in Japan such as:
3. How to Register on PayPay
Step 1: Download the PayPay app
Step 2: Enter your phone number to register
After downloading the application, you will register your phone number and password, then select “新規登録”. If your phone is in English. Your app should automatically be in English once downloaded. As seen below.
Step 3: Enter the confirmation code
After completing Step 2, a confirmation code will be sent to the phone number you just registered.
Step 4: Complete the registration and use it right away.
4. How to use PayPay: Paying at Stores in Japan
Once you have a PayPay account, you can shop and pay at stores in Japan in 3 easy steps:
- Use your phone to scan the store’s QR code.
- Enter the amount to be paid and then proceed with the payment.
- Show the store staff the phone screen to confirm payment.
So with just a few simple steps, you can have a very convenient payment method in Japan, right? If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to leave them below this article.