Smiles Philippines Hosts First Little Miss Sakura Contest 2023Events
Tokyo, Japan – As spring has sprung from the end of March in Japan, Smiles Mobile Remittance Philippines arranged to host a campaign to select the most intelligent, youthful, and energetic kids with brightening smiles as candidates for its Little Miss Sakura Contest. The event occurred from Mar. 15, 2023, to Apr. 15, 2023, and the winners were announced on Apr. 25, 2023.
The goal of the campaign was to focus on Smiles’ “Share our Smiles” and “Spread Smiles across the miles” taglines. In other words, Smiles Philippines wanted to help bring joy to the Filipino community in Japan and connect them by showcasing their little loved ones.
Contestants ranged from the age of 3 to 12 years old and had to be represented by a Smiles customer. They each had to submit an answer to the question, “Why should I become the Smiles, Little Miss Sakura?”
The customers were also required to refer a number of friends to the Smiles app which was tallied up to add to the final score of each contender.
There were many contestants who were determined to help spread happiness around the world and as a result, a Little Miss Sakura Grand Winner was announced. There were other special awards given out to other contestants which are listed below and on the Smiles Philippines Facebook Fan Page:
- Smiles Little Miss Sakura, Grand Winner: Aki Hana Crisostomo Balignot
- Ms. Best Smile: Dane Aerys V. Parde
- Ms. Star Smiles: Opal Augustine Recosana Johnson
- Ms. Torigenic: Charissa Nicole A.Baylon
- Ms. Intelligent: Princess Marie Macabodbod
The grand winner was given an opportunity to be exclusively interviewed to share their story along with their representative. The Smiles Representative is also given a package reward including the following:
- Given recognition and Certificate as a Smiles Global Ambassador
- Enjoy 1,000 Smiles Loyalty Points per month (good for 1 year from April 2023 to March 2024)
- Become a representative of Smiles Mobile Remittance at several Smiles Community programs and events to help connect fellow Kababayans in Japan
- Given a complete package of exclusive Smiles merchandise
Little Miss Sakura is the first campaign that Smiles Philippines has ever hosted. It has been a solid success and the Team anticipates holding it every year.