10 Instagram Hot Spots in Japan: Tokyo EditionTravel
Japan, let alone, Tokyo has countless Instagram spots, so living here, have you thought about wanting to spice up your Instagram profile? Being photo-savvy, do you have trouble trying to discover the next Instagram-worthy and extravagant spots in Japan? Well have no fear, we’ve compiled a list of Instagrammable spots in Tokyo and categorized them just for you. We also made sure to include details and sneak peek images for each Instagram spot from fellow Instagram users.
10 Instagram Hot Spots in Tokyo
Table of Contents
Futuristic Instagram Spot in Tokyo
1. Odaiba TeamLab Borderless
TeamLab, established in 2001, didn’t just create an art museum for people to stand and look at pieces. Instead, they opened a digital art museum that encourages interaction and, yes, provides one of the best Instagram spots in Tokyo because of its striking and unforgettable displays. TeamLab has its own Instagram account to show you a sneak peek of its exhibits and make you get excited about their displays. In order to secure your spot, please prepare to reserve it at least a month in advance.
- Entrance fee: 1,000 to 3,200 yen
- Hours: Opening hours are inconsistent every month, so in order to make sure your Instagram won’t be a disappointment, please check their website to see what day works best for you according to their schedule.
- Location: Odaiba Palette Town 2F, 1-3-8 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064
Instagram photos provided by @teamlab_borderless
City-Viewing Instagram Spots in Tokyo
2. Shibuya Sky
229 meters above ground, you can observe the vast city of Tokyo in the daytime and view what looks like an ocean of lights at night. Shibuya Sky allows its visitors to go to the top of the building and view an Instagrammable cityscape, and, of course, take those aesthetic photos. If you want breathtaking scenery as a background or the main focus, this is an Instagram spot for you.
- Entrance fee: 250 yen to 2,000 yen
- Hours: Open every day from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Location: Scramble Square Top Floor 2-24-12 Shibuya, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0002
Instagram photos provided by @shibuya_sky
Nature-Filled Instagram Spots in Tokyo
3. Todoroki Valley
Todoroki Valley, known as the only valley in Tokyo, gives you an unforgettable experience in a jungle-like atmosphere. Luscious with a sparkling stream and a variety of plants, trees and flowers, the area provides ideal Instagram spots in Tokyo. Todoroki Valley makes you feel like you’re in the underworld as its depth almost separates you completely from civilization. You can take a day to hike around and even visit the temple and tea house which are known to be Instagram hot spots during the fall.
- Entrance fee: FREE (it’s an open area so there’s no official entrance)
- Hours: 24/7
- Location: 1-22 Todoroki, Setagaya City, Tokyo 158-0082
Instagram photos provided by the users tagged below:
4. Kyū-Furukawa Gardens
The Tokyo Metropolitan Park Association presents to you Kyū-Furukawa Gardens, where you can explore gardens and a castle-like structure. The Western-Japanese style area offers a vintage look with vibrant-colored plants and flowers which can be a great Instagram spot in Tokyo. The highlight of the location is the rose festivals they hold (they only take place in the spring and fall seasons) which fills the air with a fresh floral aroma and adds more color to the scenery. Please note that if you want to view the interior of the Western-style structure, you’ll need to submit a request via snail mail.
- Entrance fee: 70 yen to 150 yen
- Hours: Temporarily closed due to the pandemic (details on their Japanese website), but normally they’re opened every day (except for Dec. 29 to Jan. 1) from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: 1-27-39 Nishigahara, Kita-ku, Tokyo 114-0024
Instagram photos provided by the users tagged below:
Museums in Tokyo with Instagram Spots
5. Unko Museum in Odaiba
Yes. The poop museum. It’s Instagrammable, believe it or not. The colorful and flashy designs of poop that they display may be one of the most eye-catching Instagram spots in Tokyo. If you still can’t believe us, feel free to take a look at the details we provided below and check out their website.
- Entrance fee: 900 yen to 1,800 yen
- Hours: Weekdays from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and holidays from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Location: DiverCity Tokyo Plaza 2F, 1-1-10 Aomi, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0064
Instagram photos provided by @unko_museum
6. 21 21 Design Sight
21 21 Design Sight is an art museum and an aesthetic Instagram spot in Tokyo. Every year, they hold multiple exhibitions for certain timeframes, so the displays constantly change. However, if you’re looking for an Instagrammable area that is clean, modern, and simple, this place is for you.
- Entrance fee: 500 yen to 1,200 yen
- Hours: Due to the pandemic, hours are currently every day (except Tuesdays, national holidays, and installation periods) from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Location: Midtown Garden, Tokyo Midtown, 9-7-6 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052
Instagram photos provided by @2121designsight
7. Miraikan – National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
Miraikan is known for exhibiting an array of scientific and technological artifacts and displays. You can not only interact with them, but you can also take futuristic Instagrammable photos of or with them. Its ginormous digital globe is an ideal background for an Instagram spot in Tokyo as well as their “Digitally Natural” exhibit.
- Entrance fee: 160 yen to 630 yen
- Hours: Open every day (except for Tuesdays and year-end holidays from Dec. 28 to Jan. 1) from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: 2-3-6 Aomi, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0064
Instagram photos provided by @miraikan
Mall with Instagram Spots in Tokyo
Aside from the fact that VenusFort has many shops and eating places, it’s also an Instagram spot in Tokyo. The intricate interior design, especially the extravagant fountain, can blow your viewers away. Depending on the time of the year, they also have a variety of artistic Instagrammable displays. Take a look at the photos below to see what we mean.
- Entrance fee: FREE
- Hours: Due to the pandemic, the hours are currently every day from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Location: 1-3-15 Aomi, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0064
Instagram photos provided by @venusfort_official
Extra Instagram Spots in Tokyo
9. Theater Zzz
Theater Zzz’s East Tokyo location opened Summer of 2019 as a spot where you can lounge, try the tea cafe, stay, watch movies, etc. Not only is it a place to relax, but it’s also another Instagram spot in Tokyo with aesthetic tents, dried flowers and plants hanging from the ceiling and modern interior design to wrap up the place. If you want to secure a spot here, you will need to make a reservation online.
- Entrance fee: 3,500 yen~
- Hours: Check-in time is 6 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and check-out time is 10:00 a.m.
- Location: Central Mansion 1F, 1-18-7 Ishiwara, Sumida City, Tokyo 130-0011
Instagram photos provided by @theaterzzz.chasuru
10. Jiyugaoka La Vita
Would you like to travel instantly to Italy from Tokyo? Jiyugaoka’s La Vita area gives you that opportunity. Its European architecture and closed-in location make it an Instagrammable spot with brick buildings, vintage-style lanterns, a pavilion, and a boat to top it off. A stunning feature of this hidden location is that it’s a free Instagram spot.
- Entrance fee: FREE (no official entrance)
- Hours: 24/7
- Location: 2-8-3 Jiyugaoka, Meguro City, Tokyo 152-0035
Instagram photos are provided by the users tagged below:
If there are any other Instagram spots in Tokyo that you recommend, feel free to let us know in the comments. Since we know there are numerous other Instagrammable areas, we will continue a series of Instagram spots all around Japan. So, stay tuned!
Leave a comment