Top 5 Filipino restaurants in TorontoUntagged
TINUNO is an Ilocano dialect in the Philippines that means to cook over in fire with live charcoal, or to grill in English. Tinuno restaurant offers traditional Filipino grilled delicacies including grilled fish, squids, shrimp, mussels, pork & vegetables served with rice in banana leaves instead of plates. The best way to enjoy this Filipino fare is to eat with your hands. Located at the end of Howard Street in Toronto, Tinuno is a small restaurant that constantly received higher review ratings from it’s satisfied patrons despite the sparse, narrow venue.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tinunothirtyone/
- Contact number: +1 647-343-9294
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://tinunothirtyone.com/
- Address: 31 Howard Street, Toronto, ON, Canada, M4X 1J6
2. iSLAS FILIPINO BBQ & BAR
ISLAS means Islands. The Philippines consists of 7600 islands, even more during low tide, is a country with diverse cultures and cuisines. Influences from neighboring Asian countries and conquerors like Spanish and Americans, makes Philippine cuisines interesting and an adventure of its own. iSLAS BBQ & BAR will take you to exciting food adventures with their own takes on Philippine cuisines’ salty, sour, sweet, and spicy flavors, plus tropical-inspired cocktails served in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Website: https://islasto.com/
- Contact Number: (416) 533-0777
- Address: 1690 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M6R 1B3
3. LAMESA FILIPINO FOOD CLUB
LAMESA is a Filipino term for Table. And as Filipinos, when we hear the word LAMESA it brings memories of home cooked meals and family gatherings. At LAMESA FILIPINO FOOD CLUB, they described Filipino food as a blend of Native, Chinese, Spanish, Latino and American, a unique mix that developed a natural fusion. It is not surprising that on their menus you can find Fried Chicken & Hottie Cakes, a meal of fried chicken, Ube pancakes, Hot Mango Maple Butter served with Cassava Hash, an original version of English breakfast but using Filipino staples like Ube, Mango, and Cassava. But don’t get me wrong, they still have the regular Filipino home cooked meal of Daing na boneless bangus, fried chicken, and their most popular dish Lumpiang shanghai (Spring roll).
- Contact number: + 1 647 343 1110
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 634 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M6C 1A9
4. SAMPAGUITA VILLAGE FAMILY RESTAURANT
SAMPAGUITA is the Philippines national flower, a small dainty white flower with a distinct sweet scent, symbolizing purity of heart and humility, two admirable characteristics of Filipino people. These flowering plants are usually found on Villages and countryside and blooms throughout the year, their sweet scent lingering in the air. Sampaguita Village Family Restaurant offers a relaxing atmosphere, offering traditional Filipino favorites including Crispy pata (pork leg) fried noodles and Crispy shrimp. A family business that started in 2005, they believe in eating fresh and delicious food while being in the company of loved ones. Whether it be Birthdays, Date nights or a Reunion, they love bringing people together to share a meal.
- Website: https://www.sampaguita.ca/
- Contact number: 416-630-2122
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Address: 322 Wilson Ave., North York . ON M3H 1S8
5. WILSON’S HAUS OF LECHON
LECHON is derived from the Spanish word leche which means milk. Originally only suckling pigs were used to cook lechon, an original Spanish dish. The Philippines has been a Spanish Colony for more than three decades and the well-loved dish has been staples for Filipino special gatherings like Fiesta (Feast of patron Saints), Weddings, and Reunions. Wilson’s Haus of Lechon started when Wilson and his family migrated to Toronto, Canada. They used to have a Restaurant for Cebu lechon back in the Philippines and his dream to open an authentic Cebuano lechon came true in June 2017. Wilson’s House of Lechon offers not only pork lechon but also lechon Manok (Chicken), both well loved by their Filipino customers.
- Website: https://www.wilsonshausoflechon.com/
- Main branch:
- Contact Number: (416) 792-7548
- Address: 365 Wilson Ave, North York, ON M3H 1T3
- Scarborough branch:
- Contact Number: (416) 901-7548
- Address: 8 Glen Watford Dr., Unit G8, Scarborough, ON M1S 2B9
Leave a comment